As of revision 04 of UNECE Regulation No. 10, an EMC assessment of the charging operation of electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids is mandatory in order to successfully perform vehicle homologation. In this context, the charging options of the vehicles are decisive in determining the required scope of testing and the specific equipment needed to carry it out.
The DC charging station emulator (also DC Emulator, DCE) in combination with a communication simulator (CDS) takes over all relevant functions of a charging station without having any influence on the EMC behavior. With the available charging power, electrified commercial and transport vehicles, as well as agricultural and construction machinery, can of course also be tested.
The DCE offers various technical solutions and benefits, such as:
- High charging capacity: For vehicles with an electric powertrain, the DCE can provide a charging capacity of up to 180 kW. For capacities above 180kW we can impose a limit to conduct the tests.
- Various plug configurations:
A European CCS type 2 charging cable is available. Soon, we will also have the CHAdeMO and GB/T systems at our disposal.
- Immune to interference and low in emissions: Due to the EMC-optimised design, inaccurate results of emission measurements and radiated interference tests are highly unlikely.
- Communication log: Through various logging options, an analysis of the communication is possible.
- Flexible use: The system can be used at different measuring stations to perform radiated and conducted tests.
As a designated technical service provider for the approval authorities KBA and RDW, we offer solutions for your type-approval, also in cases in which standards require charging capacities above the maximum capacity of the DCE.
Please contact us for further information.